Avengers: Endgame Has Broken 144 Box Office Records
‘AVENGERS: ENDGAME’ SHATTERS MULTIPLE RECORDS – (04/29/2019)
Avengers: Endgame is blowing past even the most seemingly optimistic predictions for opening weekend. After earning the widest release in history (4,662 screens!) the Disney-Marvel film garnered $158 million on its opening day alone, 32% higher than the previous record held by Star Wars: The Force Awakens. (The 2015 release snagged $119.1 million).
Endgame was also the fastest film to gross $100 million domestically, reaching that milestone after 17 hours. The previous record was held by Avengers: Infinity War, which snagged $100 million in 21 hours.
While final tallies are still being finalized, but observers estimate the opening weekend will blow past $350 million, beating the previous record of $257.6 million, or 34%. Avengers: Endgame is also the first ever film to gross $1 billion in its opener, and is on target to become the fifth film to gross $2 billion worldwide.
- Biggest opening weekend in history for a film domestically and globally.
- The Wrap claims the movie has broken 144 different box office records.
- The movie was shown 58,000 times this past weekend breaking the record of 48,000 by “Avengers: Infinity War”.
- Earned a record $109 million on Saturday beating the old record held by “Avengers: Infinity War” ($82.1 million)
- The movie cost $356 million to produce and promote
- It took “Avengers: Infinity War” 11 days to break $1 billion
Hooray for Hollywood: Here are this past weekend’s box office results.
- Avengers: Endgame — $350 million
- Captain Marvel — $8.1 million
- The Curse of La Llorona — $7.5 million
- Breakthrough— $6.3 million
- Shazam!— $5.5 million
- Little— $3.4 million
- Dumbo — $3.2 million
- Pet Sematary— $1.3 million
- Us— $1.1 million
- Penguins— $1 million