‘JURASSIC WORLD: FALLEN KINGDOM’ RULES BOX OFFICE AGAIN – (07/02/2018)
While newbies Sicario: Day of the Soldado and Uncle Drew were no slouches at the box office (earning $19 million and $15.5 million respectively) they simply couldn’t compete with the monster dino-hit Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom.
The Universal and Amblin Entertainment blockbuster snagged $56.1 million over the weekend, for a total of $932 million globally so far. The Chris Pratt, Jeff Goldblum and Bryce Dallas Howard-led sequel is just in its second week in the box office.
Incredibles 2 is also racking up the receipts, earning $45.5 million in its third weekend out, for a global tally of $647 million.
While Sicario and Uncle Drew couldn’t take top billing at the box office, they still outperformed their industry targets of $10 million-$13 million a piece.
Hooray for Hollywood: Here are this past weekend’s box office results.
- Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom — $56.1 million
- Incredibles 2 — $45.5 million
- Sicario: Day of the Soldado — $19 million
- Uncle Drew — $15.5 million
- Ocean’s 8 — $8 million
- Tag — $5.6 million
- Deadpool 2 — $3.5 million
- Sanju — $2.6 million
- Solo: A Star Wars Story — $2.293 million
- Won’t You Be My Neighbor? — $2.29 million