‘THE MEG’ GOBBLES BOX OFFICE WITH $44.5M – (08/13/2018)
Shark thriller The Meg devoured the top spot at the box office with $44.5 million, besting forecasts that had the Jason Statham-led film (observers wagered it would bring in less than half that).
After two weeks in the top slot, Tom Cruise’s Mission: Impossible — Fallout plunged to second place with $20 million. Overall, the Cruise film has raked in $162 million in three weeks. Disney’s Christopher Robin, starring Ewan McGregor, came in third with $12.4 million, and the horror movie Slender Man landed in fourth with $11.3 million.
Spike Lee’s BlacKkKlansman, starring John David Washington (Denzel’s son) and Adam Driver, brought in $10.8 million, landing it in fifth place.
According to ComScore, overall box office is up 8.4 percent year-to-date.
CHECK IT OUT:
Read the Full Story: https://usat.ly/2vGH4gk
Top 10 at the Box Office:
- The Meg— $44.5 million
- Mission: Impossible: Fallout — $20 million
- Christopher Robin — $12.4 million
- Slender Man — $11.3 million
- BlacKkKlansman — $10.8 million
- The Spy Who Dumped Me — $6.6 million
- Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again — $5.8 million
- The Equalizer 2 — $5.5 million
- Hotel Transylvania 3 — $5.1 million
- Ant-Man and the Wasp — $4 million