‘JOKER’ SNAGS $55 MILLION IN SECOND WEEK OUT – (10/14/2019)
Joker topped the box office for a second weekend in a row, bringing in $55 million in receipts, and generating $543 million all told in its first 12 days of release. The film stars Joaquin Phoenix as a psychotic clown, and despite its controversial depiction of violence, fans seem to be flocking to see it.
The Warner Bros. film dropped just 43% in its second weekend out, an impressive record for a comic book movie. 2016’s Batman vs. Superman dropped 70% in its second weekend out, while Logan dropped 57%.
“This second weekend hold indicates more than just comic book fans are showing up,” Shawn Robbins, chief analyst at Boxoffice.com, told CNN Business. “It’s a movie with multiple creative elements resonating with those craving a grittier, wholly character-driven film set in a comic book world.”
The Addams Family bowed with a solid second place debut at $30 million, and Will Smith’s Gemini Man rounded out the top three with $20.5 million.
CHECK IT OUT:
Read the Full Story: https://cnn.it/2BaIemA
Hooray for Hollywood: Here are this past weekend’s box office results.
- Joker — $55 million (CINEMA SCOOP … Deadline Hollywood says the movie has made $544 million worldwide since being released)
- The Addams Family—$30.3 million
- Gemini Man— $20.5 (CINEMA SCOOP .. the movie cost between $138 million and $158 million to produce)
- Abominable — $6.2 million
- Downton Abbey — $4.9 million
- Hustlers — $3.9 million
- Judy— $3.3 million
- It Chapter Two — $3.2 million
- Jexi— $3.1 million
- Ad Astra — $1.9 million