HARRY STYLES CONFIRMS KNIFEPOINT ROBBERY; TO PERFORM TWO ‘HARRYWEEN’ SHOWS IN OCTOBER – (02/27/2020)
Harry Styles was asked about being robbed at knifepoint earlier this month while making an appearance on the Today show on Wednesday.
According to reports, Harry was approached by a mugger on Valentine’s Day and he “played it pretty cool” and gave the assailant money. It apparently left him pretty shaken up, though.
Carson Daly asked Harry how he was doing during his appearance on the Today show and he responded, “I’m okay, thanks, thank you. Thanks for asking.”
Harry has also announced two shows, October 30th and 31st, at Madison Square Garden. Billed as “Harryween,” the shows are described as a “fancy dress party.” Singer Orville Peck will open both shows. American Express and Verified Fan presales start March 2nd. The general public can buy tickets starting March 6th. Harry is also playing three nights at Madison Square Garden in July as part of his Love on Tour trek.
A swarm of screaming girls formed “the first Today show mosh pit,” according to Daly when Styles performed tunes from his Fine Line album. “I’ve never done that song this early,” Styles told co-host Hoda Kotb after he rocked the Citi Concert Series stage with his high-energy performances of “Kiwi,” “Watermelon Sugar,” “Adore You” and fan favorite “Lights Up” for the last song.
Later, he chatted about Lizzo, sharing some sweet words about his pal and dropping a hint about a potential collaboration. “I just think she’s amazing, I think she’s such a great artist,” he said. “I think as a fan, what you want an artist to be is themselves, and I think she’s someone who’s just herself. And she makes amazing music, and it’s really feel-good, and I think that’s what a lot of people need right now.” When asked if a collab was finally in the works, he shrugged and said, “Maybe.”
Styles is set to kick off a world tour in April, starting in the United Kingdom. The singer will perform across Europe and North America and land in South America in October. He is expected to announce dates for Asia and Australia soon.
CHECK IT OUT
Full Story: Us Weekly
THE FCC RECEIVED 1,312 COMPLAINTS ABOUT J-LO AND SHAKIRA’S HALFTIME SHOW: The Federal Communications Commission reported Wednesday that it received a whopping 1,312 complaints over Jennifer Lopez and Shakira’s halftime show at the Super Bowl earlier this month. The performance – which paid homage to the women’s Latina roots – was described as “completely inappropriate,” “obscene,” and a “strip club act” by irate viewers, with objections arriving from every state except Vermont. Only around 50 people filed complaints when Maroon 5 frontman, Adam Levine, performed topless at Super Bowl LIII in 2019.
LIL NAS X TREATS CHILDREN WITH CHRONIC ILLNESSES TO SURPRISE APPEARANCE AT DISNEY WORLD: Lil Nas X surprised young fans at an event hosted by Bert’s Big Adventure, a nonprofit that provides an all-expenses-paid trip to Walt Disney World for kids with chronic and terminal illnesses. At the event, Lil Nas X performed his hit “Old Town Road” and gave guests autographed cowboy hats. The organization posted about the rapper’s appearance, writing, “He was so kind and thoughtful . . . He graciously posed for so many photos and commemorated the evening by having the Bert’s Big Adventure kiddos and siblings sign his hat too!”
JUST CALL HIM ‘HARRY’! – (02/27/2020)
Prince Harry is signaling that he does indeed plan to shake things up in his post-royal life. Not only did he fly commercial to his first event in the U.K. since moving to Canada in January, but he told people attending the event he was speaking at to just call him “Harry.”
The 35-year-old went to Edinburgh, Scotland for a working summit for Travalyst, a sustainable travel initiative he co-founded with Booking.com, Skyscanner, Trip.com, Trip Advisor and Visa.
Harry said: “We have made a great start since launching in Amsterdam, but we will not reach our goal of a more sustainable industry without on-the-ground experience and expertise, and this is why we’re here today.”
CHECK IT OUT:
Read the Full Story: https://bit.ly/390m85C
MACAULAY CULKIN JOINS AHS: American Horror Story Season 10 will include returning stars Sarah Paulson and Evan Peters, plus newbie Macaulay Culkin. The show’s creator Ryan Murphy shared the scoop on Instagram, also revealing that Kathy Bates, Billie Lourd, Leslie Grossman, Adina Porter, Lily Rabe, Angelica Ross and Finn Wittrock are set to join the party.
Brought to you by: