PRINCE CHARLES DIAGNOSED WITH CORONAVIRUS, GETS SUPPORT FROM HARRY & WILLIAMS – (03/26/2020)
Prince Charles, the 71-year-old heir to the British throne, has been diagnosed with coronavirus, Buckingham Palace confirmed.
“He has been displaying mild symptoms but otherwise remains in good health and has been working from home throughout the last few days as usual,” the palace said in a statement. It added that his wife, the Duchess of Cornwall, “has also been tested but does not have the virus.”
Charles began showing symptoms last weekend. Medical advisers say that Charles is in good health and is expected to recover. However, there is some concern over his meeting with Queen Elizabeth, who is 93, on March 12th. The Palace said that the Queen remains “in good health.” She is sequestered with her husband, the 98-year-old Prince Philip, in Windsor Castle.
Charles is isolated at Birkhall, away from his wife Camilla, who is reportedly in good health.
Royal reporter Chris Ship said on Twitter that “Prince Charles has spoken to both his sons. William in Norfolk and Harry in Canada.”
All of the royals are isolating in separate locations.
CHECK IT OUT:
Read the Full Story: https://nyti.ms/2Uj7n98
HEIDI KLUM TESTS NEGATIVE: Model Heidi Klum shared that she tested negative for coronavirus a week after her husband Tom Kaulitz also learning that he was negative. She has been home sick for 14 days and sharing regular updates on social media.
CHEF FLOYD CARDOZ DIES AT 59: Chef Floyd Cardoz died on Wednesday from complications resulting from coronavirus. He was 59, and he was at Mountainside Medical Centre in New Jersey. The Top Chef Masters champ was born in Bombay, India and moved to NYC to work in restaurant kitchens. In 1997, he partnered with Danny Meyer’s Union Square Hospitality Group to open Tabla. “Bravo and the Top Chef family are deeply saddened by the passing of Chef Floyd Cardoz. Floyd was a talented chef who competed and won Top Chef Masters,” a representative for the network tells People in a statement. “He was thoughtful, kind and his smile illuminated a room. He was an inspiration to chefs around the world and we offer our deepest sympathy to his family and friends.”
2020 TONY AWARDS POSTPONED – (03/26/2020)
Another major entertainment event has been delayed due to coronavirus. The 2020 Tony Awards, scheduled to air Sunday, June 7 on CBS, will be postponed because of the pandemic. Nominations and host were to be announced April 28th. Last year, James Corden hosted.
A new date will be shared once Broadway reopens. When Governor Andrew Cuomo announced a ban on gatherings of 500 people or more on March 12th, all 41 Broadway theaters were forced to shut their doors. There is some hope that they will reopen on April 12, but as the pandemic continues to accelerate, that hope is fading.
Even if Broadway does reopen on April 12th, this pause will mark the longest hiatus in history for the Great White Way.
Several shows, including Who’s Afraid of Virginia Woolf? and Hangmen have closed for good before opening. Three others—Lincoln Center Theater‘s Flying Over Sunset and Roundabout Theatre Company’s Debra Messing-led Birthday Candles and Caroline, or Change—have been pushed to the fall.
CHECK IT OUT:
Read the Full Story: https://bit.ly/2xlpsKT
BILLIE EILISH, DUA LIPA, BTS & MORE PERFORMING ON JAMES CORDEN’S ‘HOMEFEST’ SPECIAL – (03/26/2020)
James Corden is putting together a mini music festival that you can enjoy at home while social distancing.
Homefest, a special edition episode of CBS’ The Late Late Show with James Corden, will feature musical performances from artists around the globe while they’re quarantined amid the COVID-19 pandemic.
Billie Eilish and her brother/collaborator, Finneas, will be playing from their home in Los Angeles, while Dua Lipa will check in from London. BTS will perform from South Korea, and legendary opera singer Andrea Boccelli will check in from his home in Italy.
Celebrities including Will Ferrell and David Blaine will also guest on the special. Homefest airs March 30th at 10 p.m. [ET/PT].
he special will also feature Corden and his guests encouraging viewers to follow public health guidelines to slow the spread of the new coronavirus and the illness it causes, COVID-19. It will also direct viewers to donate to the CDC Foundation, a nonprofit that supports the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s work, and Feed the Children.
CHECK IT OUT
Full Story: Hollywood Reporter
SHAWN MENDES DONATES $175,000 TO SICKKIDS FOUNDATION FOR CORONAVIRUS PREPAREDNESS: Shawn Mendes is giving back big to the SickKids Foundation through his own charitable foundation, so they can be prepared for the coronavirus pandemic with PPE equipment. “Through The Shawn Mendes Foundation, we have been working to find ways to best support the COVID-19 crisis. By making this donation to SickKids, we hope to help provide support in the urgent screening and prevention of COVID-19 for their patients and the surrounding community of Toronto,” Shawn shared on his Instagram about the donation. He added that “for the next month, we will be directing all donations to The Shawn Mendes Foundation to go towards additional efforts by SickKids, as well as efforts being made internationally by the World Health Organization COVID-19 Response Fund.”
Brought to you by: