JONAS BROTHERS ARE GOING TO ‘DO IT RIGHT’ THIS TIME AROUND – (06/03/2019)
The Jonas Brothers are determined to make the band work this time around.
Kevin, Joe, and Nick Jonas made an appearance on CBS Sunday Morning on Sunday and opened up about their reunion and the future for the band.
“Yeah, we got a do-over, and I think this time around we’re gonna do it right,” Joe said. “There’s not gonna be secrets between us. There’s not gonna be second-guessing. We’re not gonna be sitting around trying to call it off. We’re gonna just keep this thing going.”
When asked about making the choice to take a step back from the Jonas Brothers in 2013, Nick shares that he’s the one who suggested they dissolve their creative partnership for the time being to pursue new projects. He recalled the state of mind he and his brothers found themselves in when they made that difficult decision, and talked about the impact it had on their family ties as well:
[“To call it creative differences is almost too simple. I think a lot of people lost the appetite for what we were putting into the world. We were putting up shows that weren’t selling. We were making music that I don’t think we were all super proud of, and it wasn’t connecting. On top of all that, the root of all these real issues was our relationship was becoming strained.”]
“I had a very tough conversation with them where I laid it out for them,” Nick continued. “I said, ‘I feel like the Jonas Brothers should be no more, and we should go on individual journeys.’ Didn’t go so well.”
Joe adds that he “absolutely” thought the Jonas Brothers were finished by that point, and says that he was “checked out in my mind – that was it. There was going to be no more brothers, ever.” Nick was sure of that, too. “I feared that they would never speak to me again. For real. It took a couple months of tricky conversations and navigating all that for us to be able to reconnect, just as family again.”
As for their upcoming tour, the guys dished on how it’s going to be now that they’re all married.
“We don’t know,” Nick said. “That’s the best part about it.”
“But, it’s gonna be fun!” Kevin added.
CHECK IT OUT
Full Story: Billboard
DIPLO REACTS TO JOE JONAS SAYING HE ‘RUINED’ HIS WEDDING TO SOPHIE TURNER – (06/03/2019)
Diplo is reacting to Joe Jonas saying he ruined his wedding to Game of Thrones star Sophie Turner.
The 40-year-old DJ and producer posted a response to Joe on his Instagram on Thursday. Diplo playfully captioned the pic: “The only thing that ‘ruined’ the wedding was your fit,” referring to the grey suit the singer wore on his big day. Taking the ribbing in stride, Jonas replied by commenting on the post with an eye roll emoji.
Earlier in the week, Joe was asked if the wedding was ruined because it was documented on Instagram by Diplo. “Diplo did. Yeah, he ruined it. I love Diplo, but he loves his ‘gram more than a 13-year-old. He posts every five seconds. He literally, like, live-streamed with dog face filters.”
Although Sophie shares her husband’s outlook on the situation, given the choice, she would have kept their marriage under wraps for a while. “It would have been better if no one had known, but I actually think it was funny,” she shared in a cover story for the latest issue of PORTER Edit. “I think at some point I would have had to stop saying ‘fiancé,’ but yes, I would have kept it a secret.”
CHECK IT OUT
Full Story: People
FANS RAISE $45K FOR KIT HARINGTON’S CHARITY AMID REPORTS OF MENTAL HEALTH TREATMENT – (06/03/2019)
Game of Thrones fans have Kit Harington’s back. Fans of the show created a JustGiving account for his U.K. charity Royal Mencap Society, which raised more than $45,000 in about a day. The rally appears to have been a response to reports that he entered treatment for mental health, including anxiety and alcohol dependence.
The charity is dedicated to working with people with learning disabilities. “Kit Harington has given so much to the fans of Game of Thrones over the past decade playing the King in the North, Jon Snow. He absolutely nailed his performance and we loved every second of screentime we had with him,” the online fundraiser reads.
It continued: “To show our gratitude, /r/Freefolk and other fans want to contribute to the charity Mencap, which Kit has been supporting for several years. Mencap supports people with learning disabilities to live independent and fulfilling lives.”
Following the hit HBO show’s ending, Harington entered a luxury wellness treatment center in Connecticut. The 32-year-old was photographed walking around Essex, Connecticut looking fit and happy.
CHECK IT OUT:
Read the Full Story: https://bit.ly/313h2Ss
BEBE REXHA AND THE CHAINSMOKERS GO BACKWARDS IN VIDEO FOR NEW COLLAB, ‘CALL YOU MINE’ – (06/03/2019)
Bebe Rexha and The Chainsmokers have teamed for a new song called “Call You Mine.”
They released the song Friday, along with a backwards video. The entire visual plays out in reverse, as Bebe evades the police in a Mercedes, with The Chainsmokers’ Drew Taggert and Alex Pall lifeless in the backseat.
It turns out that Bebe is an obsessed stalker of the duo and had hatched a plan to get them alone, drug their drinks and kidnap them.
On Twitter, The Chainsmokers explained their connection to Bebe far predates this song.
“Just want to leave a note that @BebeRexha was one of the first artist we ever met,” they wrote. “We were both basically nobodies at the time but always were there for one another offering advice and supporting and now here we are 6 years later with a massive song together! We love you Bebe!”
Rexha released her own solo song “Last Hurrah” in February, and the The Chainsmokers are gearing up for their new project, World War Joy, sometime later this year. They hit the road with 5 Seconds Of Summer in August.
CHECK IT OUT
Full Story: Rolling Stone
CIARA PERFORMS, ANNOUNCES TOUR ON ‘GOOD MORNING AMERICA’ – (06/03/2019)
Ciara performed and announced a new tour during a visit to Good Morning America.
The 33-year-old singer took to the stage Friday as part of the ABC morning show’s summer concert series. Ciara shared plans for the tour while speaking to GMA host Lara Spencer. She has yet to announce the dates and locations of the shows.
“I am so excited – I am going on tour! It’s some select, really important dates for me in places that show me so much love,” Ciara teased. “I’ll be putting up all the dates on my socials, so you guys can look out for those dates,” she said. “The tickets will be going on sale really soon. I’m really excited to go out on the road and rock.”
Ciara recently released her brand new 11-track album Beauty Marks. On GMA, She performed some of the biggest hits from her new album, including “Level Up” and “Thinkin Bout You.” The singer also performed her 2004 single “Goodies.”
Ciara also discussed her recent enrollment at Harvard University. She said she’s living out her “college dream” after being accepted into the school’s Business of Entertainment, Media and Sports program.
“It’s incredible. We’re learning so much,” the star said. “As you know, I have my own record label now, so I’m jumping in. I’m trying to soak in as much as I can. I’m honestly having the time of my life.”
CHECK IT OUT
Full Story: Hot New Hip Hop
Brought to you by: