MAC MILLER DIES AT AGE 26 – (09/10/2018)
Please note the following story contains language that could be considered offensive.
Mac Miller died on Friday (September 7th) of an apparent drug overdose. He was 26-years-old. According to TMZ, law enforcement sources said that the Pittsburgh rapper was found at around noon at his San Fernando Valley home and was pronounced dead at the scene. Authorities were alerted by a male, who made the 911 call, presumably from Mac’s home.
The family released a statement, saying, “Malcolm McCormick, known and adored by fans as Mac Miller, has tragically passed away at the age of 26. He was a bright light in this world for his family, friends and fans. Thank you for your prayers.”
The Blast reported that the rapper’s official cause of death is listed as “Deferred,” as the medical examiner needs additional investigation to determine why Mac died. According to the L.A. County Medical Examiner, the rapper’s autopsy was completed on Saturday (September 8th), a day ahead of schedule. Sources close to the investigation said that the death could have been categorized as an accidental overdose, or even a natural death, but it is all pending on the toxicology.
TMZ later reported that very little evidence was left behind following the rapper’s apparent overdose. Law enforcement sources told the publication that they only recovered a tiny amount of white powder when they searched the home for clues as to how Mac died. They also believe, based on conversations with witnesses and other evidence, that the house was swept clean, so there was no evidence of drug use.
In other news, according to XXLMag, plans of a vigil in honor of Mac Miller has been announced. The celebration of the rapper’s life will be held at Blue Slide Park in Pittsburgh. Pittsburgh’s Nightfall Records said in a Facebook post they created to promote the vigil, “We would like to bring the city together in full force for this legendary icon. Mac deserves to be sent off with an evening of celebrating his life, discussing his struggles, and remembering his stories; most importantly for his iconic work that brought joy into the lives of everybody who listened.” The vigil is set to take place on Tuesday (September 11th) at 7 p.m. at Frick Park, which is a section of Blue Slide Park.
- Chance the Rapper: “I dont know what to say Mac Miller took me on my second tour ever. But beyond helping me launch my career he was one of the sweetest guys I ever knew. Great man. I loved him for real. Im completely broken. God bless him.”
- Ben Baller: “OMG. I was just with you 2 days ago. Wtf??????? We was supposed to shoot your video today!!?! RIP Mac Miller!!!! I’m still in just disbelief. When I was going through my worst addiction problems, Mac was the one who referred me to the rehab center. He never told anyone. Only my wife and him knew. He was an incredible person. I’m in shock.”
- Lil Yachty: “we spoke less than two weeks ago. Wtf dude. This makes me so sad. Rip Mac!!! @MacMiller”
- Post Malone: “God f**king d*mmit. You were such an incredible person. You changed so many lives. Had so much love in your heart. You inspired me throughout highschool, and I wouldn’t be where I was today without you. Never a more kind and sincere and beautiful person. I f**king love you mac.”
- Wiz Khalifa: “Praying for Mac’s family and that he rest easy 🙏🏽👼🏽 #pgh #412”
- Khalid: “this hurts my heart man RIP bro @MacMiller”
- Lil Dicky: “so sad. mac miller was a great dude. when i began my career he went out of his way to talk to me on the phone and give me advice. an amazing artist and human being”
- Machine Gun Kelly: “Mac. 💔💔💔 this just f**ked us all up. u were too rare…d*mn. from eating frozen chicken wings in my basement to ur voice speaking to a generation. u did it homie. wish this wasn’t even a conversation. @Innerviewq i love u and am here for u.”
- Kehlani: “I WILL MISS YOU SO MUCH. I F**KING LOVE YOU DUDE. THE GREATEST”
- Snoop Dogg: “So sad u gone home young Mac I had to post this to smile and think about the good Time we had on the set of this movie man god bless ya family. Pittsburg we lost a real one today 🌟 @macmiller”
- Big Sean: “Not sure what to say… Rest Easy bro! You’re energy was bright n infectious! I appreciate your voice and your heart bro. You pulled up to my 1st appearance in Pittsburgh for my mixtape FF2 n we been cool since. We did a gang of shows together, had music together and had some great talks. I relate a lot to you because we had a similar path, repped our city’s n started coming up around the same time. Thank you for your voice and all you addressed from feeling good, love, feeling bad, mental health, anxiety, depression n just things a lot of us identify with. I’ve been off social media more because I haven’t been feeling social, but I looked and saw a DM on twitter from u last week n it’s hurting me I didn’t f**king log on and see it and hit you back! You’ll live forever, Love!”
ARIANA GRANDE DISABLES INSTAGRAM COMMENTS FOLLOWING MAC MILLER’S PASSING: Ariana Grande has turned off her Instagram comments following ex boyfriend Mac Miller’s death. The 25-year-old disabled the comments after many people began blaming her for the rapper’s overdose and subsequent passing. Ariana and Mac broke up earlier this year after about two years of dating. Shortly after parting ways, Mac was involved in a DUI incident and she also faced accusations of being the cause of the car accident. One day after the 26-year-old rapper was pronounced dead from an apparent overdose, Grande shared a black-and-white photograph of her former boyfriend via Instagram on Saturday. Choosing to let the image speak for itself, Grande shared the image without a caption.
CARDI B AND NICKI MINAJ INVOLVED IN ALTERCATION AT NYFW PARTY – (09/10/2018)
Please note the following story contains language that could be considered offensive.
Things got heated between Cardi B and Nicki Minaj Friday night (September 7th) during the Harper’s BAZAAR ICONS event at The Plaza Hotel in NYC. According to reports, the feud was a result of Nicki allegedly criticizing Cardi’s parenting by reportedly liking a tweet that said, “The message she is sending as a mother to a baby girl by supporting a rapist is unsettling & uncomfortable to me,” which was a response to Cardi welcoming Kodak Black home from jail.
According to TMZ, sources connected to Cardi said that she approached the area where Nicki was located “to address the lies Nicki was spreading.” In videos which have surfaced the net, Cardi is seen trying to get close to and lunge at Nicki, yelling, “Like some sh*t about my kid again, b*tch. Keep f**king playing with me.” Security stopped Cardi from getting close to Nicki, although she was able to remove her shoe and throw it at Nicki, but she missed. Cardi was escorted out of the building by security wearing one shoe, and she had a lump on her forehead from the incident, while Nicki remained inside. Variety reports that Cardi sustained the knot above her eye after being elbowed by one of Nicki’s security guards.
One source told PEOPLE magazine, “She left barefoot with her dress ripped and butt out.” Another insider told the publication, “The scene was f**king crazy. It was entourage against entourage. They had their altercation on the second-floor balcony, right above the red carpet. All of the sudden there was a big commotion and everyone didn’t know what was going on.”
Meanwhile, a separate source told Page Six, “It was bad. They were separated by security, but Cardi was still trying to get at her. She took off a giant red shoe and threw it at Nicki — who was being blocked up against a wall by huge security guard.”
Sources also said that Nicki’s friend and former Love & Hip Hop: New York star, Rah Ali, tried to step in and fight Cardi on Nicki’s behalf.
According to The Grio, Nicki has reportedly declined pressing charges against Cardi and has not addressed the situation.
CARDI B EXPLAINS TRYING TO FIGHT NICKI MINAJ
On another note, shortly after the chaos, Cardi took to social media to explain her side. She wrote, “I’ve let a lot of s*t slide! I let you sneak diss me, I let you lie on me, I let you attempt to stop my bags, f**k up the way I eat! You’ve [threatened] other artists in the industry, told them if they work with me you’ll stop f**king with them!! I let you talk big sh*t about me!! I addressed you once in person, I addressed you a second time in person, and every time you copped the plea!! But when you mention my child, you choose to like comments about me as a mother, make comments about my abilities to take care of my daughter is when all bets are f**king off!!”
Cardi added, “I’ve worked to hard and come too far to let anybody f**k with my success!!!! B*tches talk all that sh*t in they raps but in real life they p***y!! This sh*t really is for entertainment!!”
POST MALONE’S ROLLS ROYCE INVOLVED IN LOS ANGELES ACCIDENT: Post Malone’s $320k Rolls Royce Wraith was involved in an accident with another vehicle in West Hollywood at around 2:45 a.m. Friday. No one was injured, but both vehicles appeared to be badly damaged. Post said a Kia hit his Rolls in the intersection, causing him to spin out. Police confirmed several people were treated at the scene but no one was seriously hurt. Post tweeted following the accident, “god must hate me lol.” The next day, Post shelled out $420k on a new Rolls Royce Phantom. The accident comes just two weeks after his private jet was forced into an emergency landing when two of its tires exploded during take-off.
REPORT: POST MALONE TARGET OF HOME INVASION: Post Malone’s former home was invaded on September 3rd by robbers looking for the rapper, police say. Post Malone no longer lived there, and a resident was pistol whipped by the angry robbers, TMZ report. The robbers shouted for Post Malone and when they couldn’t find him, they made off with $20K worth of jewelry, cash and cell phones.