‘VENOM’ CONQUERS BOX OFFICE WITH $80M – (10/08/2018)
Sony’s Spider-Man adjacent Tom Hardy-toplining Venom has nabbed an estimated $80 million at the box office this weekend, topping Gravity ($55.8 million) as the highest-opening October film ever.
Critics gave Venom the thumbs-down, but audiences were more generous, giving it a B+ CinemaScore.
Meanwhile, Warner Bros.’ A Star Is Born also made a respectable splash, nabbing $42.6 million. A Star Is Born stars Lady Gaga and Bradley Cooper (who also directed).
Rounding out the top five: Smallfoot, with $14.9 million; Universal’s comedy Night School, with $12.3 million; and Universal’s fantasy The House With a Clock in Its Walls, with $7.3 million.
CHECK IT OUT:
Read the Full Story: https://bit.ly/2y4oMHa
The Top 10 at the Box Office, per ComScore:
- Venom— $80 million
- A Star Is Born — $23 million
- Smallfoot — $14.9 million
- Night School — $12.3 million
- The House With a Clock in Its Walls — $7.3 million
- A Simple Favor — $3.4 million
- The Nun — $2.6 million
- Hell Fest — $2.075 million
- Crazy Rich Asians — $2.06 million
- Met Opera: Aida (2018) — $1.2 million